Sunday, March 9, 2014

Wavering Vegansim

I have read a LOT of blog posts about going vegan and staying vegan, but I am just going to put it out there.

I am deeply committed to not harming animals and creating a practice of humane eating but sometimes I really still want to veer off the vegan course.

It's not even as though I have intense cravings or want to just bit into a juicy burger or something, I just get bored with only eating fruits, vegetables and grains and want more variety and deliciousness in my diet. For 28 years, I ate cheese and meat and all my food tasted delicious, fatty, and totally satisfying. Not to say that vegan food CAN'T be satisfying, but sometimes I just miss the creaminess of a cheese sauce or a sandwich with melty cheese on it.

To be honest, this issue also revolves around convenience and laziness. Sometimes, there are crappy veg options available and I just want eating to be easy again (and I live in LA, land of vegan loving...I feel for those in more rural areas or meat and potatoes types of places).

Hmmm. I'm going to stick with my veganism because I know it's right for me but I can't lie and say that it is NEVER hard!

No comments:

Post a Comment